I was diagnosed with Essential Tremors (ET) over 25 years ago. Here are a few tidbits that might be of interest:
- Essential tremor is a nervous system (neurological) disorder that causes involuntary and rhythmic shaking.
- It can affect almost any part of your body – arms, legs, head, voice.
- There is no cure.
- It is progressive and most often hereditary.
- It is not Parkinson’s Disease.
- 7 million people or 2.2% of the U.S. population have ET.
- It affects people of all ages.
After 25 years I thought I knew a lot about ET. Then I found a group on Facebook and am learning a whole lot more. My blog on Tuesday will be devoted to talking about ET. If you have ET, know someone who does, or have questions, I would like to hear from you, please comment.